Jennifer Liao is the Co-founder of Xiao Chi Jie (XCJ), a direct-to-consumer food company specializing in authentic Chinese street food. As a second-generation Asian American, she founded the brand with her husband to connect with family history and create new and genuine representations of their experiences as multicultural individuals. XCJ’s mission is to create widespread awareness for the inclusion of Chinese food and culture in America and to empower other Asian Americans to explore their identities.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Jennifer Liao shares how she launched a DTC food brand
- How XCJ self-manufactures its products while maintaining authenticity and consistency
- Jennifer’s experience transitioning from owning a restaurant to manufacturing products
- The importance of cultural awareness and product evolution in the CPG space
- Jennifer discusses XCJ’s innovative products and expansion efforts
- Strategies for generating DTC brand awareness and growth
- XCJ’s rebranding and packaging ideas
In this episode…
Direct-to-consumer (DTC) marketing as a CPG brand can be profitable, as it encourages customer connection and engagement. With so many different growth methods involved in this approach, how can you create brand awareness and structure your business to scale?
To promote her products and expand her reach, Jennifer Liao has developed strategies for omnichannel distribution, online advertising, and product education and innovation. She delivers a seamless and high-quality customer service experience by offering free replacements for damaged products. Jennifer maintains the importance of developing, honing, and conveying your brand story to engage with consumers and generate trust for optimal growth.
Tune in to this episode of the Brand Alchemist Podcast, as Taja Dockendorf interviews Jennifer Liao, Co-founder of Xiao Chi Jie, about honing her DTC food brand for consumer engagement. Jennifer shares how she self-manufactures her products while maintaining authenticity and consistency, XCJ’s innovative products and expansion efforts, and strategies for generating DTC brand awareness and growth.