Matt Weiss is the Founder and CEO of RIND Snacks, a healthy snack brand focused on whole fruit nutrition. RIND’s mission is to help consumers snack better by eating the whole fruit, maximizing nutritional value, and minimizing food waste. Matt launched RIND Snacks in 2017 — prior to that, he spent 20 years in investment research at Baron Capital where he covered consumer growth stocks. Today, Matt lives in New York City with his wife and three children.
Here’s a glimpse of what you’ll learn:
- Rapid-fire questions with Matt Weiss
- Matt on his background, his love for exotic birds, and how his experience in finance and venture capital prepared him to start RIND Snacks
- What Matt learned from the most successful companies
- The value of dried fruit rinds, innovation with a twist, and the company’s biggest turning points and milestones
- How RIND Snacks is a reflection of Matt’s ideals
- Matt talks about the fruit he did not expect to be a big hit, an idea that did not do well, and his most proud moment
- Matt‘s tips for building a company culture
- Where to learn more about RIND Snacks
In this episode…
What makes a successful brand? What can you do as an entrepreneur to create a viable business idea and stand out from your competitors?
The consumer packaged goods (CPG) industry is very competitive, and brands looking to grow and scale must create unique products. It is important for entrepreneurs to find the sweet spot in their product category to distinguish themselves from other players in the market. This is what Matt Weiss learned while working at a venture capital firm, and he used this knowledge to innovate in the dried food category which led to the founding of RIND Snacks.
In this episode of the Brand Alchemist Podcast, Taja Dockendorf interviews Matt Weiss, the Founder, and CEO of RIND Snacks, about his journey to building a successful CPG brand. Matt talks about the biggest turning points for his company, the lessons he learned while working in venture capital, and his love for exotic birds. Stay tuned.