Ready to plan and execute paid strategies for large CPG, and the next big brand?
Pulp+Wire is the fastest-growing woman-owned CPG creative agency with a core focus on brands in the food, health, and lifestyle category. This laser focus and our understanding of the target audience are what make us so desirable to CPG companies throughout North America and the world. We build strong brands that are built upon a focus that lies far above the bottom line. Our main office is in Portland, Maine with flexible remote and hybrid working styles. The jobs listed below are full-time in our Portland, Maine office and/or remote.
Want to be part of the team?
Paid Digital Buyer & Strategist
As a Paid Digital Buyer and Strategist at Pulp+Wire, you will provide oversight, activation, and strategy leadership on a variety of projects including marketing plans, digital ad creation, buying/placing, monitoring and analysis, social management, spend management, banner advertising, email marketing campaigns, influencer activations, cross-promotions, website SEO & SEM, reporting and more. You will be the hub of knowledge and the source of truth for your projects while also providing strategic oversight on the account as a whole. Your tasks will include leading, communicating, and influencing internal and external stakeholders; anticipating and resolving issues; and balancing the smallest of details with the big picture. In short, you’ll be responsible for making stuff happen in a digital world for our brands.
Role: Mid-Senior Level Manager
The Brand Manager Works with: Principal, Operations, Managing Director, Content Creators, Copywriters and is our internal analytical force for all things digital from email to ads, and planning to reporting.
Location: Portland, Maine in office, remote, or something in-between.
- 5+ years in a buying/planning and placing role
- Experience with start-ups and mass-market brands in the CPG space
- Initial Brand Strategy Support
- Market challenges/opportunities
- Market analysis
- Competitor Review + Analysis
- Target Consumer Definition
- SWOT Analysis
- Voice Positioning
- Purpose-Driven Marketing Opps
- Past & Current Data Snapshots
- Web and Analytic Review
Outline of Responsibilities and Requirements:
Digital Marketing Strategy Leadership and Definition:
- Current Data recap and analysis
- Conduct external analysis of the brand’s market
- Evaluate digital threats and opportunities, complete a brief SWOT analysis
- Present a competitors review and analysis, with creative + paid findings
- Connect personas to demographics and markets
- Email marketing strategy + execution
- Utilize Customer Experience Mapping
- Include high-level website evaluation and enhancement recommendations
Digital Ad Buying:
- Other managed placements
Quarterly Activation Plans
- Lead development of plan and strategy with AM
- Present recap of data with clear next steps
- Include test plans (content, ads, email, etc.)
- Ensure all new ideas, changes to activations, etc. align with data analysis and client’s goals
- Introduce campaigns when relevant
- Always include 1-2 actionable next steps following review of data
- When appropriate, continue to push for increased usage of video
- Test new platforms and/or options within current platforms
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Lead all digital strategies, work closely with AM to define targets, paths, and expectations
- Be the gatekeeper for all activations ensuring best practices, ideal solutions, and optimal paths are being taken at all times.
- Anticipate strategic pivots and be proactive with recommendations
- Work with internal teams to help define project scope, resource requirements, and cost estimates (spend allocations as well as management fees) for projects and retainers
- Work closely with the Account Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget while ensuring communication with all key stakeholders is effective and proactive
- Nurture positive, collaborative working relationships with internal and external clients through regular communication, exemplary client services, and continual expectation management
- Act as the custodian of project records and reports, including budget reporting with a key emphasis on version control
- Take ownership of project needs/requests and ensure they are facilitated through to completion within the required time frame.
- Attend and facilitate project meetings, with internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of both P+W’s and client’s strategy
- Uphold the company’s position and integrity at all times, particularly within the realms of confidentiality, professionalism, and discretion
- Set a professional example of behavior, attitude, and results at all times
- Be the hub of digital strategy and communication for the project – in regular contact with internal and external partners
- Maintain project details with our project management tools – Google Drive (shared Docs), QuickBase (internal), Basecamp (external), and Harvest (time-tracking)
- Implement the appropriate project management strategy based on project needs and day-to-day account management
- Produce realistic timelines in QuickBase with clearly flagged milestones
- Assess the time and financial impact of changes and communicate to the Account Managers and clients as appropriate
- Be firm but fair in judgment: push back when the scope creeps or suggested budgets are not realistic while understanding the constraints of the client. Be prepared and able to defend Pulp+Wire’s position and profit margin.
- Create ad content copy as needed to develop ad tests
- Understand the workings and needs of the accounts you are partnered with – their definitions, core characteristics, the market, how they should and shouldn’t behave
The Ideal Candidate:
Only solution-driven leaders need to apply as work needs to get done, on time, on budget, and on point. We are a good time, care for our employees and clients like family, appreciate hard work, and like to say thank you often.
Interested? Send your cover letter, resume and relevant client case studies to [email protected] use the subject line: Paid Media Manager
Work in beautiful Portland, Maine – the way life should be.
3 Weeks vacation/PTO time
Work from home days